This presentation will help participants:
• Realize the prevalence, scope, and frequency of cyberbullying, sexting, sextortion, digital dating violence, and digital self-harm among teens
• Recognize the best ways adolescents can respond when they or others are harmed
• Help students learn how to live a great story with their lives through their choices
• Comprehend the value of formal peer-led initiatives that tap into their unique talents and abilities
• Learn new ways to understand student experiences and include their voices in your policies and programming
• Think through ways to promote positivity and help make kindness go viral across your campus
• Discover how anonymous reporting systems can help
• Understand the critical importance of creating and maintaining a positive school climate to promote healthy interactions
This presentation is designed for school administrators, counselors, social workers, psychologists, and other professionals who desire a comprehensive action plan to deal with cyberbullying, sexting, and unsafe social media use. A dominant and consistent theme throughout will be that it takes a coordinated effort to shape and enhance the existing social and relational climate within to improve attitudes and behaviors across the school. Towards this end, we encourage educators to marshal the powers of peer influence and school culture to curtail peer conflict, harassment, and other problem behaviors. Primarily, we will discuss specific, pragmatic school climate initiatives such as social norming, youth grassroots campaigns, peer mentoring, data-driven action plans, and multi-pronged policy and programming approaches by adults. The overall goal is to enlighten educators about the tremendous value inherent in a positive school climate, not only to enhance student achievement, success, productivity, and connectedness, but because it will produce students who are safe, smart, honest, and responsible both offline and online.
Here are numerous testimonials from schools and other organizations with whom we have worked.
Contact us today to schedule our visit to your school, or if you have any questions!