This talk will teach participants to:
- Understand youth brain development and how it affects online decisions
- Identify popular online environments among adolescents today
- Understand online social networking as a phenomenon, both psychologically and as it plays out among youth
- Obtain a baseline for what the research says about digital reputation mistakes
- Identify how adolescents are undermining their character, integrity, and perception across Instagram, Facebook,
- Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat, etc.
- Understand the typical consequences that tend to result from oversharing
- Learn what needs to be conveyed in order to foster positive change in the practices of kids on social media
- Know how best these messages can be taught to youth in an accessible, relatable, and compelling manner
This presentation stresses the importance of online reputations and the (mis)use of social media. Educators need to help students viscerally understand that what they post or send electronically will remain out there for a long time – even after they think they’re a thing of the past. We cover the negative implications that stem from carelessness or foolishness on the Internet, and how it can affect graduate and post-graduate admission, work opportunities, and social relationships. Positive, instructive, and empowering in its tone and message, the session will equip attendees with strategies to teach students about the power of social media to attain personal and professional success, instead of unwittingly allowing it to sabotage their future.
Here are numerous testimonials from schools and other organizations with whom we have worked.
Contact us today to schedule our visit to your school, or if you have any questions!